Feel The MusicUK Live Party Bands Wedding Entertainment

Wedding Entertainment For Hire


Should We Hire A Childrens Entertainer For Wedding?

Posted by by Neil Burke

Its a fact that children become bored very quickly , particularly when they are at a 'grown-up' event' such as a wedding. Once the initial euphoria wears off, children generally soon lose interest - particularly when there are never-ending speeches to sit through, a stuffy 'grown-up' wedding dinner and other parts of the programme where they must continually be 'on their best behavior'.

A children's entertainer may be the answer to the problem. A good all-round entertainer may also be able to offer entertainment in the form of close-up magic and balloon sculpturing to all your guests whilst the Wedding Photos are taken, and around the tables during the wedding feast.

Before the speeches start, the children can be taken to a seperate area and entertained with an hour's magic or clown show, leaving the adults to enjoy the normal wedding speeches and toasts.

Can You Afford Not To Have A Children's Entertainer At Your Wedding?

Points to keep in mind: Before booking any entertainer, ascertain that they have up-to-date CRB Registration (Criminal Records Bureau - UK) or a Police Check (other than the UK) and full Public Liability Insurance. Most professional variety entertainers will belong to Equity, who cover members with up to £10 million pounds public liability (UK). If they are not members, ensure they have P/L from another source.

It is not unusual for a performer to be asked for proof of both CRB and P/L - it is a simple matter to provide photocopies of both documents. Beware of any entertainer who appears unwilling to provide either of these documents. A point to remember is that most entertainers are just that: entertainers and not child minders and therefore are unlikely to be Registered Child Minders. Professional entertainers will always ask for a responsible adult to be present at all times (for example, children may need to be taken to the toilet etc).

A registered child minder may fufill this role. To have a smooth, enjoyable and stress-free wedding, can you afford not to consider having an entertainer at your wedding?




Hire A Band Cheshire

Contact Us

Contact Us (North West and North East)
365 Burnage Lane
M19 1DG
Email Here

Corporate Events

Contact Us

(South West, Midlands, South East)
66 Gwelmeneth
Albion Road
TR13 8JJ
Email Here

North West Entertainment

Wedding & Party Vendors

Please take a visit to our Party Entertainment Hire section for all your party needs. Casino Tables, Candy Floss Machine, Photo Booths, Wedding Supplies and More.

Best One Wedding Suppliers & Vendors